The Spokane Regional
Plan Center originated in 1945 as the Spokane Construction Council.
The first president was Howard Manser, and the plan room was originally located in the
Hotel Spokane at First and Stevens.
In July of 1955, a move
was made to the lower level of the BOF Building at Third & Monroe.
With approximately 300 members, the move was made to better serve the membership.
Then, in January of 1965, in an effort to provide an even better facility with more parking, we
moved to our current location at 102 E. Boone. For the first 27 years, the plan center was
approximately half the current size. In 1992, due to extensive growth, a remodeling
project was undertaken to enlarge the plan room.
1, 1999 brought many changes to the plan center. At that time, we announced the
change of our name to the Spokane Regional Plan Center. The name change
allowed us to inform our plan providers and potential members of the extensive
geographical area covered by our membership base. In addition, we announced the debut of
our web site, which includes daily on-line updates regarding the plans on file. This on-line
bulletin has been well received by our members, as well as our plan providers.
During the spring of 2000,
we again expanded and completely renovated the plan center.
Besides updating the look of our plan center, this project allowed us to expand to
accommodate the additional equipment and staff necessary to continue to provide the most
up to date plan center environment to our members
One thing has remained constant
through the years, the objective of the plan center has
always been to provide the highest level of plan room service to our member firms.